Monday, August 15, 2011

What I Did With My Summer Vacation Part 2

I've always thought that it would be really cool to go to the beach right after Martha Pullen School. As it worked out this year, not only did I get to go, but Daniel was home from South Korea for a visit and Tim joined us too. We were hoping this might just work, since Rex and Tim are not overly wild about the sun and sand and Daniel and I are. It helped that we had two cars, thanks to Tim.
And it worked!!! We paired off and did what we were interested in then got together for meals and games. Daniel and I spent a lot of time on the beach and had several photography lessons, while Rex and Tim, well I'm not sure what they did. But they seemed to have a good time doing it.
The best part of all was the dolphin sailboat cruise that we went on. We were all a little concerned about whether I would get sea sick, but I was determined to go and told the boys that if I did, just make sure to spin it into a funny story. I'm proud to say that I didn't get sick and we had some good laughs while the boys practiced yelling, "Mom overboard" before we left. I am not a strong swimmer so that might have come in handy. Rex and I laughed after we got home and were talking about the best beach vacation and realized how little we had done together. So all though it was a little strange, a good time was had by all and we are thrilled when adult kids care to spend a little time with us.


*Just for the record the scores to put-put golf mysteriously disappeared before it could be proved that I had won! Sounds like a conspiracy......


Michie'

4 comments:

FloridaBird said...

Isn't it nice to be less of a parent and more of a friend to your adult children?

dlogan said...

Absolutely wonderful family! Michie you look beautiful! Your sons are VERY handsome. :) Darby

patty said...

Michie you look so happy and beautiful in the pictures. Blessings, patty

Anna said...

Sounds like an enjoyable trip. I had to do a double take. Your husbands profile looks like my father. I carried the computer in to show my husband and he wholeheartedly agreed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails