Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Top and Shorts

Like many sewing projects, this outfit made by pattern #116, changed as a I went along. I guess that is when we call it "designing." I started out with this fun cotton print from Nashville Cotton Company. A bias trim was added to the edge of the collar and rick rack stitched on top.

As I worked on what started out as a dress, it dawned on me what a cute top it would make with green gingham shorts! I cut off about 8" from the bottom edge of the dress to make it the correct length. The shorts were made by pattern #121 and are super easy to make! Can't you just see Emma wearing this to the park next Summer?

Michie'

1 comment:

Aunt Honey said...

Love this outfit! And I have both patterns! I'll have to get busy this weekend and make 1 or 2.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails