Friday, May 7, 2010

Embroidered Ducks

While reorganizing I ran across this little print dress made by pattern #106. It has been in my collection for several years, so I am sure that the fabric is no longer available. The blue cotton fabric has little yellow ducks and laundry hanging on the clothes line. How sweet is that?

The collar is made from white Imperial Broadcloth. I used orange gingham for the piping and for the covered buttons.

The embroidered ducks were traced from the fabric and were hand stitched using a Satin Stitch. This dress is fun and playful, exactly like what my daughter wore when she was little!

I hope this inspires you to keep sewing!

* Don't forget about the free give away!


Michie'

1 comment:

ShirleyC said...

That is an adorable little dress. The collar really sets off the fabric, which is just too cute. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails