Thursday, March 4, 2010

On the Road Aqain!

Here is a sneak peak of what I have to look forward to at The Stitchin' Post in Little Rock, Arkansas this week! I borrowed these pictures from their wonderful website, and I can tell from them that I will need time to shop!


I love how these fabrics are packaged together in kits. The women who work in the shops are always familiar with everything in stock. I never hesitate to ask for help when combining colors!

These are the samples that I sent ahead for the classes. The square sampler in front is for the Sweet Edgings Class. The white bubble is for the Shadowed Embroidered Bubble Class. And the daygown is for the Bias Band Daygown Class. All of these are classes that I especially enjoy teaching, and I always look forward to meeting a whole new group of women who love to sew!




On a more personal note, today is our 33rd Anniversary! I met this sweet guy in the youth group at church, and we married when I was 17 and he was 21! What a long and exciting journey we have had together. Not only do we still love each others company enough that he is driving me to Little Rock to teach, we have 4 very independent adult children scattered around the world that we love to visit. We were talking last night about what might be the secret to our many years together..... we laughingly came to the conclusion that one thing has not changed in all these years.....I still can't support myself financially in the manner I like, and he still can't cook or clean! In other words, we still need each other!



Michie'


3 comments:

Laurie said...

What a beautiful blog post and congratulations on your 33rd anniversary!! May God continue to bless you and your husband as your journey in your life together! I sure wish I was going to The Stitchin' Post in Little Rock - it' s a beautiful shop and nothing would be more fun than to sit under your teaching!

Kathleen said...

How wonderful to be celebrating your anniversary! 33 years! May you celebrate at least another 33 together! Have fun in AR!

Kathleen

P.S. Your tutelage paid off! I completed my first bishop all by myself yesterday! You would be sew proud! Thank you, Michie, for all you taught me!

Jan M said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Enjoy Little Rock. It is a lovely city!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails