Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Machine Embroidery

After reading Martha's blog this morning, I was inspired to share the embroidered kitchen towels that I did for Christmas presents. The relatives who received these as gifts seemed pleased, and were especially happy with the "Pampered Chef" gift card that was included!

Although I have a new machine that embroideries, I do very little. I like having the option, but I will always be a "handwork girl." For me the secret to successful machine embroidery is having an adult daughter who lives less that an hour away and has the exact same machine. She either comes over and helps me with it, or walks me through the steps over the phone! While I struggle from lack of practise, she does quite a bit and is finding new designs and gift ideas all of the time.

I'm looking forward to this summer, when we will have more time to sew together. Maybe, I will get more comfortable with the machine embroidery!

Michie'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails