Friday, March 12, 2010

Back in the USA!

This blog is to thank everyone for the prayers and kind words, while our son has been in Iraq. I had walked out to the mail box and almost missed his call! I grabbed the phone as he said, "Hey mom, I'm at Camp Shelby." We have been through it before, but that message is still a thrill! We will now be waiting to hear when to pick him up next week.


Are you curious about the picture? Our kids, (this one in particular) discovered "Wallace and Gromit" while in high school, and we all enjoyed the movies. He found the poster online about 15 years ago, and it hung at the foot of our basement stairs. When we downsized last year, and I ruthlessly got rid of half our stuff, this was one of the few things that I couldn't part with. It just reminds me of how much fun we had watching those movies with the kids. A few years ago, I tried to give it to him for his apartment, but he said it says, "home" to him. The poster now has a place of honor in our guestroom. The kids forget it is there and I always wait to hear them burst out laughing when they walk in!

I hope everyone can enjoy, and laugh with your family this weekend!
Michie'

4 comments:

sewing spots said...

Our family loves Wallace & Gromit, too. There's even a new one out called A Matter of Loaf and Death. Glad your son is back safe and sound!

Jan M said...

Thank you for introducing me to Wallace & Gromit! Those types of memories are the best!
So glad your son is home safely. Thank you to him from all of us. Happy Weekend!

Jeannie B. said...

So happy to hear of your son's return. Jeannie

Martha said...

What a blessing to have your son home safe and sound. Many prayers of thanksgiving. Enjoy his return.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails