Monday, March 29, 2010

#109 Pattern of the Week

Pattern #109, is probably my all time favorite pattern, and has been featured in magazines the most often. The pattern includes a boy or a girl version and comes in sizes newborn - 6 months. You can choose from a Peter Pan collar trimmed with piping, lace, or faggoting, or a simple neckband.

Made sleeveless, the diaper shirt is great for summer and would be suitable for a baby boy of girl. The faggoting around the collar gives the shirt a more tailored look, and just a little embroidery is all that is needed to dress it up.

Featured in Creative Needle Magazine 2007, Suzanne Herbert, made this diaper shirt from fine linen. Tucks were added to the collar, before it was cut out. Suzanne, added a tiny pocket and hand stitched a running stitch in blue, around the bottom hem and pocket.

Also, made by Suzanne Herbert for Creative Needle Magazine 2006, this diaper shirt and cover, were made from linen/cotton batiste. The flowers on the fabric are all hand embroidered.

Featured in Creative Needle Magazine 2003, Shadow Embroidery gave this diaper shirt a more casual look.

The fact that I brought my first baby home from the hospital in a similar shirt and cover that I made nearly 32 years ago, probably has nothing to do with why this pattern is my favorite!

Michie'

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh I love all of these!!! They are GREAT to make for gifts!!! Thanks for sharing this lovely grouping!

Unknown said...

These are are wonderful. I have the pattern, now I'm motivated to get busy! Thanks for all the ideas!

Jan M said...

This has long been a favorite of mine! Maybe I should make one for a summer baby!

Melissa Lester said...

Michie', do you get excited this time of year knowing so many proud mothers and grandmothers will be dressing their little ones in your patterns?

I took your class at Beth's in February and wanted to let you know I am posting a sneak peak of Emma's completed Heirloom Dress tomorrow, March 31st. I am including a link to a letter I wrote my daughter last year explaining what it meant to me to make her an heirloom dress. I would love for you to read that.

Happy Easter! Thanks for helping so many of us make this a holiday to remember through helping us dress our little ones in special garments that will be treasured for generations.

Beth said...

I just made is out of pink batiste with a vintage pattern of a puppy embroidered on the front. The mother of the newborn who received it loved it. I'm ready to made many more. Your garments are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails